Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What A Wonderful Week Of Children's Camp!

Children's camp was a HUGE SUCCESS! We had 58 campers :) Most of them came from Campo Mourao, from some of the poorer neighborhoods. For many of them it was the very first time that they have ever been to camp (as most of them can't afford it). We had some wonderful times of worship and times of crazyness. The weather held out and all of our days at camp were absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thank you very much for your prayers for this camp. I got to celebrate my 22nd birthday on Friday at camp (like I so often do), and had a great time :) Please pray that the children would continue to be fired up for Jesus, like they were at camp. Camp got done on Saturday afternoon, so on Saturday night we got to attend Youth Group at Central. It was really great to be able to go for one of our last times here.

This week is filled with wrapping many things up and saying goodbye to many people. It is really difficult to have to leave all of the people that we have formed relationships with. I feel like I know 4 times as many people here as I do when I live other places. This is because we are purposely involved in numerous different places. I think that this is one of most important aspects of being a missionary, relationships. This was one of the biggest parts of our ministry here, building relationships and encouraging. It makes it so hard to say goodbye :(

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful week!!! Thinking of you as you say goodby! Love and prayers, KF

    ReplyDelete